Coffee with Cream

Just as it seems coffee has been around forever, so it seems we have always known each other as friends. Coffee is welcomed at any occasion. It's the drink that delights kings and commoners alike, and it's the thing that brings us together across a table...or across many miles. So sit down and let me serve you a cup....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I am a mother of 3 wonderful boys. I love coffee and coffee table books. My favorite coffee is fresh ground from Starbucks. I totally, completely without waiver support our troops. I have had the honor of knowing someone who has just returned home from the war. He is very near and dear to my heart and I love him for fighting for our freedom. I am a huge fan of the city of New York. I love the city and all it has to offer. I am originally from Middle Georgia, which makes me a Georgia Peach!

Monday, March 20, 2006

Thank You.......


March 20, 2006
Three years ago today a still very angry nation took a stand...air strikes were sent into Baghdad, Iraq with ground troops to follow in from Southern Iraq, entering from Kuwait. This was nothing like I have ever experienced in my life...and then to experience it further in having someone who is still very much near and dear to my heart go over and do his part was a huge experience in itself. Being apart from someone, especially in those circumstances, whom you love with all your heart and soul is trully an eye-opener. I didn't realize just what I was taking for granted...bringing him coffee, sitting next to him on the couch, talking with him, inhaling the smell of him and not being able to wake up next to him so I slept on his side of the bed to be close to him!!!! Although I made it and Joe is now home safe and sound, I realize there are those out there that have not been as fortunate as I!! To all of those wives, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers and children...my sincerest condolences. Be not sad, but be proud of your loved one for what they did and stood for. Easier said than done, I know...but please know that I am a HUGE fan of our military and what they are enduring so that I may sleep at night. I am even more of a fan of those who support me because I support them!! I wanted to take this time to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to all of those who have served and continue to serve and will soon serve this great nation!!! And to all of those who are left behind just as I was...a HUGE THANK YOU to you too!!! And as I used to sign all of Joe's emails to him I will sign to all those left behind...Stay Strong!! Stay Healthy!! Stay Focused!!
Thank You for all you do!! It's time for a great cup of coffee!!!
With Love, Sherry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home